The BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering will give you the technological, vocational and personal skills for a career in the civil engineering industry or will support your professional development if you are already working in the field.
Civil engineering changes lives - from transport necessities such as roads, railways and airports, through glittering steel and glass skyscrapers and hotels, to life saving water management systems such as dams, flood defences and even sewers. If you want to build for the future then the University of Bolton offers the best preparation for a career in this vital, innovative and prestigious industry.
By studying on the course you will develop the necessary theoretical understanding and practical knowledge for the role and you will enhance your ability to apply the principles of analysis and evaluation in civil engineering and construction-related problems. You will have access to well-equipped labs and design studio facilities with the latest CAD software and hardware.
- Communications Technology
- Site Surveying and Site Practice
- Mathematics and Structural Analysis I & II
- Ground and Water Studies 1
- Construction and Materials Technology 1
- Highway Design and Control
- Construction Management
- Ground and Water Studies 2
- Research Methods and Professional Practice
- Engineering Mathematics and Structures
- Construction and Materials Technology 2
- Interdisciplinary Project
- Geotechnical Eng. And Ground Improvement
- Transport Studies (or other option course)
The BSc (Hons) in Internet Engineering and Web Management, is a 3-year full-time course, taught exclusively in the English language. Courses are offered within a two term period, with two exam periods in May and August. All courses are delivered during the weekday evenings to accommodate the needs of working students
This course is designed to enable you to achieve the intellectual and personal skills necessary to pursue a career as a civil, structural, geotechnical, hydraulic or highway and transportation engineer. Graduates in the UK have been employed by civil and structural engineering practices, local authorities, government agencies and civil engineering contractors. A postgraduate degree in civil engineering is highly recommended.