Upon successful completion of this program students will be able to:
- Describe the nature of psychology as a discipline
- Describe the basic characteristics of the scientific method as it applies to psychology
- Follow the APA Code of Ethics in the treatment of human and nonhuman participants in the design, data collection, interpretation, and reporting of psychological research.
- Seek and evaluate scientific evidence for psychological claims.
- Understand the values in psychology
- Learn how to implement psychological knowledge, skills and values in occupational pursuits in a variety of settings.
As a result of completing this program, students should have acquired the following skills and values:
- Effective writing and oral communication skills,
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and personal development,
- Quantitative and qualitative literacy,
- Socio-cultural and international awareness.
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study. Below are the majors that we offer in collaboration with the State University of New York - Empire State College.
The program in psychology is both rigorous and flexible, offering a solid background for a number of subsequent career and educational choices. For those students who plan to join the workforce directly, this degree provides a solid fundament for a host of specializations in the field of Psychology.
Students who complete the NYC/Empire State College undergraduate program can follow many career options such as (to name a few), human services specialists, personnel analysts, psychologists-psychotherapists, psychometric development specialists and counselors.
All psychology major students, upon completion of their studies, they receive the Graduate Basis of Registration from BPS (British Psychology Society) which allows them to apply to graduate programs in Psychology which are only for Charted – licensed psychologists.
The graduate program at NYC prepares students to continue further graduate studies in any of the above specializations but also in many other fields.