- Show basic understanding of subject matter related to communications, mass media, public relations, advertising, corporations, law and ethics;
- Apply the subject matter critically and analytically in real situations;
- Comprehend the political, social, legal, regulatory, environmental and technological impacts on corporations, governmental affairs and organizations;
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the European and American environment of corporations, business, governmental affairs and multi-cultural issues;
- Have a foundation in science and liberal studies as delivered through the General Education program.
- Integrate the knowledge acquired in the program to analyze a business internal and external relations to identify its strengths and weaknesses and determine what changes can be made in the field of communication strategy for improvement;
- Develop a communications and/or public relations plan
- Pursue postgraduate studies or professional qualifications in the field of Communications and Public Relations
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- excellent use of communication methods, including public relations and advertising techniques;
- demonstrate analytical and critical-thinking skills necessary to make sound business and personal decisions;
- speech communication skills
- effective use of communication tools
- effective self-management in terms of time, planning and behaviour, motivation, self-starting, individual initiative and enterprise;
- self-awareness, openness and sensitivity to diversity in terms of people, cultures, business, public affairs and government.
Most bachelor's degree programs are designed to require 4 academic years of full-time study.
For those ones of you who plan to go directly into the workforce, this degree provides you with the highly-valued communications knowledge and skills necessary to be successful in a variety of entry-level positions in the field of communications, including corporations, mass media, public affairs, and non-profit organizations. You can also start your own small business.
As soon as you get a position in a department of the organization, you will be able to acquire practical knowledge in a specific area, such as Marketing Communications, Sales, Public Relations, Advertising which topping it up with a postgraduate degree in this field will secure a decently-paid job with good opportunities for development in the Greek and the wider Balkan region.